- some last minute shopping at the Za*glottal sound*
- lunch with Mike, CB, and Heather at Millie's -- an American-style restaurant owned by an Ethiopian woman and managed by a Cuban man

- down time at the Sprengers in the afternoon
- a 4th of July feast provided by CB and Caleb on the grill: hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, veggies, pickles, chips, baked beans ... YUM!!!

- the finals of the Bubbling Springs Open, which were attended by most of our group and some teammates of Mike and CB's that we've had a chance to work with during the last couple weeks
- our final evening with the Sprengers ... lots of tears from Ardi, Rachel, and I (we're the criers of the group)
We leave tomorrow (Saturday) morning for China and -- after an 8-hour layover in Beijing -- make the final journey home. If all goes as planned, we should be arriving around 11pm Saturday night. I'll be posting some pictures of our tour in Beijing, so make sure to check back early next week. :)
Thanks again for following our time on this blog and for keeping us in your prayers.
2 comments:
yay! You get to have the finals of the BSO!
I'm thinking you're leaving in just a few short hours. Will be praying for safe travel.
See you soon!
(and wow -- does Mike age? I don't think so)
These last two blogs made me cry too. I guess we know where you get it from. :) Thanks so much for sharing so many special things. Glad you were able to finish the golf tournament and I look forward to seeing photos of Beijing! Safe travels!
Post a Comment