kill or be killed -- intimidating -- beep -- onslaught -- lots of cars -- bumpy -- eye-opening -- beep -- stop lights: optional -- where we're going, we don't need roads -- scary -- BEEP -- potholes the size of your car -- aggressive -- broken-down cars everywhere -- BEEPBEEP -- stop-and-go -- traffic suggestions rather than rules -- biggest car wins -- BEEPbeepBEEEEEEP
No, this isn't a picture of an accident about to happen, this is the nature of driving in UlaanBaatar and believe it or not, this is TAME, compared to most of what we encountered on the drive home from the airport. Driving in UB is not for the faint of heart -- it takes guts. Lots and lots of guts.
Wish you were here. ;)
20 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
In spite of the driving conditions, I DO wish I was there. :)
Like Pat, I wish I was there too! Glad to know you arrived safely and presumably with all your luggage. Thanks for your post!
Hi All,
So glad to hear you got there ok. Sounds like you are on the go already. Thank you Jen for the post. Looking forward to enjoying more of them. Say hello to the Sprengers for me.
Reminds me of when we lived in Turkey. We talked a lot about having the "Right of Wait"...
Stay safe, you guys!
Post a Comment