23 June 2008

tastes like beef


tastes like beef, originally uploaded by Wanderings.

We had our first Mongolian meal today: montone bods and hushuurs. They were both made with horse meat, which was a first for all of us except Sharon, I believe. Rachel couldn't quite bring herself to eat the meat of our beloved equine friends after that first bite, but the rest of us dug in with gusto (well, we tried). Some of us aren't feeling so well at the moment, but on the whole, we can agree that as our first experience of Mongolian food, this was fairly tasty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jen, for taking the time to keep all informed. I have a hard time, though, looking at your pic of lunch....rough meal. Downing the tums and wish I had some Sprite. Oh well.... love getting to know you dear one.

Audiss Jones

Anonymous said...

That looks like an awful lot of bread and just a tiny bit of meat. Too bad you knew it was horse -- I remember the first time I had "venison" -- I thought it was ok until I heard something about Granddaddy shooting a deer.

Stacy said...

Thanks for the blog. I finally had a chance to get on it. I love the unique food opportunities! Although, horse meat? That would be a little tough to swallow...